Interpreter or Translation Services
Interpreting Services allow the transfer of communications from a person’s preferred spoken language into English. Interpreting Services are delivered by TIS National, on behalf of the NDIS.
Please contact us today at 1800 979 699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can provide the assistance and support you need.
When are interpreters needed?
An interpreter is needed when:
- It is clear that the person does not speak English
- The client’s English (or that of their carer/family) is limited and unlikely to be sufficient for a complex conversation
- The client (or their carer/family) requests one
Phone or on-site (face-to-face)?
Face-to-face interpreting is generally preferable, but not always possible (for instance in regional areas where there may not be local interpreters).
Face-to-face interpreting is recommended:
- For meetings where the conversation is complex and/or when the client needs to make a decision, for instance in planning and implementation meetings.
- When a number of people are involved in the conversation or meeting.
- When a person has a disability that limits their communication, for example, someone who has an intellectual disability or a speech impediment.
There are times however when a phone session is more appropriate. This may be the case in regional areas where a particular language is not widely spoken and the client is likely to be known to the interpreter. It is a client’s right to request a face-to-face interpreter.
Why Choose Us
Finding the right carer for you or your family member starts with an experiences team of highly qualified people. GHAF staff are carefully selected and screened to ensure that clients only receive the most professional, caring, and skilled care.
Our Approach to Disability and Support
Experienced and specifically trained staff
Our carers are qualified and receive specific, ongoing disability support training to constantly update their skills, ensuring they meet the needs of each and every client.
Tailored individual support
We provide professional, quality care to meet the needs of each individual. We will work with you to ensure we create a tailored support plan that meets your needs.
Choice of caregivers
We endeavour to match our experienced in-home carers and nurses to specific clients’ requests and needs, i.e. gender/ religion/ language/ sexuality/ experience, etc.
Support designed to acheive your goals
We appreciate the individual nature of living with a disability; this drives us to ensure our disability services empower you or your loved one to pursue your goals.
We have an experienced team of Case Managers and Client Service Coordinators to support your individualised care plan and assist with all your queries and changing needs.