If you can't get to us, we can come to you
GHAF is here for every child and young person, regardless of background or ability. Every young person deserves the best possible start in life, and when there is a lack of focus or direction it becomes difficult to achieve real potential.
We work to ensure that all have the chance to enter adulthood as positive, confident members of the community. No–one should be abandoned, neglected, deprived of hope, opportunity or aspiration.
We support young people to overcome barriers through supported referrals to longer-term supports and bridge the gap into education, training, and employment opportunities.
- Youth workers
- Mental health, well being and housing services
- Alcohol and other drug support
- Legal assistance
- Referrals to vocational pathway programs
- Re-engaging with school
- Social engagement
- LGBTIQ + safe services
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander services
- Family and Domestic violence services
- Work with individuals, listening and helping to develop individualized goals.
- Individualized support based on the outcomes of a young person's mentoring and support plan.
- Treat individuals fairly, respectfully and with cultural sensitivity at all times.
- A caseload limit for safe practice with individuals prioritized on a needs basis.
- Link individuals with the right supporting people or organisations to ensure long-term support.
- To work closely with Centrelink, General Practitioners, Mental Health Services, Housing Support
- Education and Employment Services, among others, for holistic and wrap around support.
- To keep individuals informed throughout the entire process.
- Engage and communicate with individuals in a way that works best for you - including phone, email, or even texting.
If you, or someone you know, is in crisis you will need to contact any of these respective services.
13 11 14 (24 hours)
Online Chat (7pm - Midnight)
Suicide Call Back Service
1300 659 467 (24 hours)
Online Counselling (24 hours)
Online Chat (7am - 1am)
Youth Affairs Council Victoria
03 9267 3700 (then Press 1) (9am - 5pm, Mon - Fri)